Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Real Men Wear Spandex!

Do the clothes make the man? Well, I don't know, but I know these spandex clad warriors of the Cross Country Cycle triathlon team are some of the toughest and most dedicated athletes I've ever met. So before you knock our flashy outfits, try running a 16 minute 5k, or cruising down the road at 30mph - on your pedal-bike!

What a fun shoot this was, we are proud sponsors of the Cross Country Cycle triathlon team, and I myself am a member(handsome, dark-haired devil in the lower left) so this was a rare opportunity for me to actually be a part of the photo-shoot on the OTHER side of the camera!

~Jason








This was kind of an intimidating shoot for me. First, I've never done team shots like this before and I was given a lot of links of other team pics with comments like -- "I like this", "this is awesome" and "this is terrible."

Next, there was the weather -- it rained all weekend and with a group this size, finding a time to get everyone together had been near impossible, let along trying to reschedule! My fingers were crossed all day that we would see a break in the weather long enough to shoot.

And finally, Jason was part of the group and goodness knows that if I messed something up or he didn't like the way he looked I would hear about it for a while. Or not hear about it, which is somehow worse.

However, once we got going, I realized the pressure I was feeling was all in my head! The guys were fun to work with and joke around with. The image below is a good representation of the joking around part -- take special notice of the "moose antlers" in the middle, a modern day take on the classic bunny ears. :)

~Heather

1 comment:

Susan said...

These pictures are awesome! What a "cool" group of guys! Hmmm, I wonder if there is anyone MY age??? and single???

 
Website Hit Counters